Home Question Bank Online Exams Job Interview Q&A Job Description Articles Jobs In Mirrors Personality Types About Contact Us Sign in/up

IRGST Question Bank for Exam Preparation
Project Management Question Bank

Select Knowledge area


You have signed a contract to construct a cross-country gas pipeline. The duration of the project is 5 years. Although the scope is well defined and the duration is long, the seller is insisting you reimburse any costs which may increase due to the time factor. What kind of contract will you select in this case?
  1. CPIF
  2. CPAF
  3. FP-EPA
  4. FPIF

Q2. What does a staffing management plan describe?

  1. When and how resources will be added and taken off the team
  2. How resources will be leveled
  3. What resources will be used on the project
  4. The responsible organization for each work package
Correct Answer

Q3. A project team has been arguing for days about the correct way to complete a high-level design. This argument has caused the schedule performance index (SPI) to fall 0.89 and the cost performance index (CPI) to 0.8. If the project manager tells the team, “we will schedule this discussion for our team meeting next week,” the project manager is:

  1. Using earned value
  2. Compromising
  3. Increasing costs even further
  4. Withdrawing.
Correct Answer

Q4. You have just completed a solid waste management project in an underdeveloped country. The contractor you are working for has a strict policy of abiding by local laws and rules although the local resources working on the project have a much more lax approach to following laws and policies. Now at the end of the project, you are handing over the operational equipment to the local operators and disposing of the leftover inventory and other materials that were used during the project. More than 50 percent of the toxic materials used during the project remains in your inventory. There is no law that would prohibit you from disposing of either the type or quantity of remaining materials in the local sewage system. What should you do?

  1. Give the material to local resources to dispose of by selling it to a recycling facility
  2. Do not dispose of the materials improperly
  3. Dispose of the material in the local sewage system; there is no law applicable here
  4. Abandon the materials in the project facility you are handing over to the local operators
Correct Answer

Q5. A project manager has decided to use a decision tree to do a build or upgrade analysis. The build requires an investment of $200M. On the build decision branch, there is a 60 percent probability of strong demand (yielding a revenue of $400M) and a 40 percent probability of weak demand (yielding a revenue of $150M). What is the expected monetary value (EMV) of the build?

  1. $100M
  2. $300M
  3. $140M
  4. $200M
Correct Answer

Q6. Your company is concerned about improving its project performance. Internal measures have been created and have helped to identify areas needing improvement. Additional measures of performance are still needed. Which of the following would be the BEST thing to do?

  1. Calculate the benefit to cost of purchasing a new piece of equipment.
  2. Determine the project scope and measures to ensure the scope is met
  3. Perform a root cause analysis on the quality problems that have occurred on the project
  4. Read a project management magazine each month, and look at the results of other companies’ projects to help determine quality measures for future projects.
Correct Answer

Q7. You have taken over a project from another manager who left the firm. This is a functional organization and the different units are often rather hostile to each other. The project is a large one involving activities that the organization has never done before. You find that the project has what appear to be adequate documentations, including an agreed-to project charter, project management plan, WBS, etc. The project is on schedule and within budget. However, the atmosphere in meetings with the project members often seems tense, and offhand comments made by participants seem to indicate a high level of dissatisfaction with the project. You review all of the major project documents with the key stakeholders and get agreement that they are still accurate, but this does not seem to solve the problem. What is the MOST likely explanation for this situation?

  1. There are personality conflicts amount the project team members that you need to uncover and resolve.
  2. The project does not have an effective sponsor and thus is not viewed as a high priority.
  3. Stakeholders have very different expectations about what the project is supposed to accomplish.
  4. The organizational structure and dynamics prevent people from working together effectively.
Correct Answer

Q8. A project manager has run into cost difficulties. The project scope must be completed, but at less cost. The project manager should:

  1. Change the depreciation method for the equipment used on the project.
  2. Perform a value analysis
  3. Evaluate benefit cost ratios
  4. Recover some sunk costs.
Correct Answer

Q9. During Control risks process, the risk response owner should be:

  1. Identifying which risks he/she wants to monitor
  2. Controlling the identification of response strategies
  3. Informing the project manager of any midcourse correction needed
  4. Updating stakeholders of new strategies for mitigating risks.
Correct Answer

Q10. The performance reports produced during the Control Procurements process are then provided to which project management process for further processing?

  1. Monitor & Control Project Work in the form of work performance information
  2. Direct & Manage Project Work in the form of work performance data
  3. Perform Integrated Change Control in the form of a change request
  4. Performance report is not an output of the Control Procurement process
Correct Answer

User Agreement| |Privacy Policy