Home Question Bank Online Exams Job Interview Q&A Job Description How To Quotes and Sayings Articles Jobs In Mirrors Personality Types About Contact Us Sign in/up

Project Management Question Bank
for Exam preparation

Select Knowledge area


You are reviewing a plan which explains how changes to the product will be initiated, how impacts will be analyzed, and how they will be traced, tracked, and reported, as well as the authorization levels required to approve these changes. What document is this?
  1. Monitor and control project work
  2. Requirements management plan
  3. Control configuration
  4. Control change management

Q2. A control chart indicates the last 12 weights produced were outside the upper control limit. What should the project manager do?

  1. Stop production
  2. Work to better meet ISO 9000 standards
  3. Look for the non-random causes for the variations
  4. Plan to rework the 12 weights
Correct Answer

Q3. A team member is not performing well on the project because she is inexperienced in system development work. There is no one else available who is better qualified to do the work. What is the BEST solution for the project manager?

  1. Consult with the functional manager to determine project completion incentives for the team member.
  2. Obtain new resources more skilled in development work
  3. Arrange for the team member to get training
  4. Allocate some of the project schedule reserve.
Correct Answer

Q4. A report that is focused on predicting future project status is called a:

  1. Trend report.
  2. Forecasting report.
  3. Status report.
  4. Variance report.
Correct Answer

Q5. Which of these types of precedence relationships is least commonly used in the Precedence Diagramming Method?

  1. Start to Start
  2. Finish to Finish
  3. Finish to Start
  4. Start to Finish
Correct Answer

Q6. You are in the middle of a new product development project for your publicly traded company when you discover that the previous project manager made a $3,000,000 payment that was not approved in accordance with your company policies. Luckily, the project cost performance index (CPI) is 1.2. What should you do?

  1. Put the payment in an escrow account.
  2. Bury the cost in the largest cost center available.
  3. Ignore the payment
  4. Contact your manager
Correct Answer

Q7. Which of the following is not an input to the Direct and Manage Project Work process?

  1. Approved Change Requests
  2. Consultants
  3. Project Management Plan
  4. Project files from prior projects
Correct Answer

Q8. If a project has a 60 percent chance of a US $100,000 profit and a 40 percent chance of a US $100,000 loss, the expected monetary value for the project is:

  1. $100,000 profit
  2. $60,000
  3. $20,000 profit
  4. $40,000 loss
Correct Answer

Q9. A control chart should always contain:

  1. Upper and lower warning limits
  2. The moving average
  3. Upper and lower control limits
  4. Upper and lower specification limits
Correct Answer

Q10. The most recent analysis of Microcorp's new fabrication facility renovation project shows a CPI value of less than 1.0. What does this indicate?

  1. The cost has overrun estimates.
  2. The cost has underrun estimates.
  3. The project is running ahead of schedule.
  4. The schedule has slipped.
Correct Answer

User Agreement| |Privacy Policy