Home Question Bank Online Exams Job Interview Q&A Job Description How To Quotes and Sayings Articles Jobs In Mirrors Personality Types About Contact Us Sign in/up

Project Management Question Bank
for Exam preparation

Select Knowledge area


Two of your team members are having conflicts about their roles and responsibilities. In attempting to resolve this conflict you ask them to refer to the responsibility assignment matrix. Which of the following statements is not true about the responsibility assignment matrix?
  1. It shows the individual responsibilities for each activity
  2. It helps you rank risks
  3. RACI is an example of RAM
  4. It shows resources assigned to each work package

Q2. You are a senior project manager working for RETAMART, a retail shopping network that sells various consumer products. As part of the expansion plan approved by the board of directors, you are assigned as a project manager for a new plant. Due to transportation problems, the project has experienced delays; the Schedule Performance Index (SPI) is at 0.6 and the Cost Performance Index (CPI) is at 0.7. However, you expect some improvements during the next few weeks, which may increase the SPI to 1.1 and the CPI to 0.9. Which of the following statements will be true if your anticipated changes materialize?

  1. The project will be overspent and behind schedule.
  2. The project will be on schedule and under budget.
  3. The project will be overspent but ahead of schedule.
  4. The project will be under budget but behind schedule.
Correct Answer

Q3. Christine is managing a healthcare software development project. At a PMI conference, she met George, who is the project manager at a competing organization. George, a PMP, has managed many successful healthcare-related software development projects. If George shares his stakeholder management experience with Christine, will that be considered expert judgment?

  1. No! George is a project manager at a competitor organization.
  2. Yes! All participants at a PMI conference are experts.
  3. Yes! George is an expert in managing such projects.
  4. No! This would be an example of expert opinion and not expert judgment.
Correct Answer

Q4. A project manager is identifying the quality standards relevant to the project and determining how to meet them. This activity is a part of which quality process?

  1. Quality management
  2. Manage Quality
  3. Plan Quality
  4. Perform Quality Control.
Correct Answer

Q5. If a project has a 60 percent chance of a US $100,000 profit and a 40 percent chance of a US $100,000 loss, the expected monetary value for the project is:

  1. $100,000 profit
  2. $60,000
  3. $20,000 profit
  4. $40,000 loss
Correct Answer

Q6. A number of identified risks occurred early in a project. As a result, most of the project objectives ended up in jeopardy. The project manager decided to present a case to management that the project be closed down. This is an example of:

  1. Risk Acceptance
  2. Risk Mitigation
  3. Risk Avoidance
  4. Risk Transfer
Correct Answer

Q7. The project team is working on an important and complex project that requires a lot of coordination. Under these circumstances, the BEST strategy is to:

  1. Have a war room
  2. Hire a contractor
  3. Hold more meetings to get the word out
  4. Gain extra assistance from management
Correct Answer

Q8. Your project will go through many phases to produce a high-priced product that will be sold to the public. You are currently starting the design phase. The price will include the product and scheduled maintenance. The team includes representatives from the engineering department, who will help determine the design of the project, the marketing department, who will determine the shape of the container for the product of the project and the accounting department who will help make sure the cost of the project allow ample profit margin. The project charter has been completed and signed by sponsors from all these departments. The product scope was completed in an earlier project that was two months delayed due to arguing over the scope. The team is now functioning well and past team building efforts have produced an effective team for this new project. Which of the following is the BEST thing to include that has not been included in planning?

  1. The team working on the project does not include anyone from senior management and will thus not have enough support to be completed quickly and effectively.
  2. There needs to be a representative from the quality department to ensure that the project will satisfy the needs for which it is undertaken.
  3. The project is not taking into account how the project work will affect future phases and thus future phases may cost more.
  4. Team building efforts should still be done in the future to ensure an effective team.
Correct Answer

Q9. To manage a project effectively, work should be broken down into small pieces. Which of the following does NOT describe how far to decompose the work?

  1. Until it has a meaningful conclusion
  2. Until it cannot be logically subdivided further
  3. Until it can be done by one person
  4. Until it can be realistically estimated
Correct Answer

Q10. Which of the following is one of the most prominent features of a project following agile approach for product development?

  1. Produce defect-free deliverables
  2. Zero tolerance for rework
  3. Deliver incremental value to the customer
  4. Delivery of the product in a single sprint
Correct Answer

User Agreement| |Privacy Policy